The Australian Senate reached an historic milestone recently when it achieved perfect gender balance for the very first time, with 38 spots going to men and 38 spots to women. But unfortunately progress elsewhere has been slow, with the 2019 Federal Election doing very little to raise the number of women in the lower house. The election saw men continuing to hold more than three quarters of MP spots held by the Liberal Party and 53 per cent of those held by the Labor party.
- WFEA Parliamentary Friendship Group: Zali Steggall OAM, MP
- EQUIP Women for Public Office | Masterclass | Navigating Uncomfortable Conversations
- WFEA Parliamentary Friendship Group: Senator Lidia Thorpe
- WFEA Parliamentary Friendship Group: Dr Katie Allen MP
- WFEA Parliamentary Friendship Group: Senator Deborah O’Neill